We are trialling a new system called Online Consult. You can use it to contact us by submitting a form with details of your symptoms or query.
It is available through a link on the homepage of our practice website. All you need to do is click the link and it'll take you to an online form where you can outline your symptoms and submit the form to us. You can also view relevant articles and information.
A clinician will then assess the information provided and within 2 working days we will give you advice you need on what to do next.
You can fill in the forms at any time, day or night, so it means that you have round the clock access to the information you need to manage your conditions.
We have changed the way we offer some of our services. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these changes but they are necessary to protect our clinicians, staff and the wider community.
Patients should not come to the surgery but should complete an Online Consult form or telephone us if you cannot access the internet or the matter is urgent. If after consideration by clinician it is agreed that you should be seen face to face then we will arrange this with you. Consultations may be carried out by telephone or we also have the facility to arrange consultations by video link where technology permits.
URGENT PATIENT INFORMATION
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Dounby Surgery will be implementing the following measures immediately to protect the health of our patients and staff and reduce the footfall of patients into the practice.
If you are concerned that you may have coronavirus please visit www.nhsinform.scot for self assessment tool and advice.
To reduce patients entering the surgery we are taking a number of new and innovative steps during this period
- Only patients with an appointment should enter the surgery. Only bring someone with you if you need help. Parents please do not bring children to your appointment. Children should attend with one adult, please do not bring siblings into the practice.
- Please only arrive at the time of your appointment and leave the building immediately afterwards.
- Any follow up appointment should be arranged by phone.
- Do not attend the practice if you have respiratory symptoms, colds or flu like illnesses, cough, fever or loss or change to your sense of taste or smell.
- If you need to consult with a GP you will be given a phone appointment initially and if clinically indicated asked to come into the practice.
- If you are asked to come in to the practice to be reviewed for a respiratory condition, you will be asked to remain in your car until you are called on your mobile phone. The clinician you see will be wearing personal protective equipment. If you do not have a mobile device, the triaging clinician will organise an alternative.
- Repeat prescription requests should be placed through our website www.dounbysurgery.co.uk or the prescription line 771886.
- Prescriptions will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice. If you are unwell, please arrange for a friend or family member to collect your medication.
- Documents will be posted out to the patients address
Covid-19 - Orkney Coronavirus Community Support Hub
A call centre to provide essential information and support to vulnerable people in Orkney has been established. Further information can be found here: Coronavirus Community Support Hub
Useful Coronavirus Websites
Voluntary Action Orkney
Online Appointment Booking - Suspended
We are now able to offer the patients the ability to book routine GP appointments online. To do this you need to complete a registration form (available below) and bring it into the surgery along with photographic ID.
Patient Access Registration Form
This service is currently suspended due to the need to check that patients do not have symptoms of coronavirus prior to attending the surgery.
Book Exchange - Suspended
Our Patient Participation Group have established a book exchange in the waiting room at the Surgery. Please feel free to browse and exchange books. Donations can be made to the Dounby Surgery Patient Fund.
We are sorry but the books have been temporarily removed from the waiting room
FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Keep up-to-date with our latest news and information by 'liking' our Dounby Surgery Facebook page.