Rights & Responsibilities
We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and as a partner in your care. Being a partner means you have responsibilities too. We will:
- Ensure patients have 24 hour access to medical advice
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible
- Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care
- The prevention of disease, illness and injury is a primary concern. The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy life style.
We would respectfully ask that you:
- Let us know if you intend to cancel an appointment or are running late
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect. Reception staff may have to ask some personal
- Questions to assist us in providing you with the best service.
- Inform the practice staff of any changes in your circumstances, such as a change of surname, address or telephone number.
Zero Tolerance Policy
The practice considers aggressive behaviour to be any personal, abusive and/or aggressive comments, cursing and/or swearing, physical contact and/or aggressive gestures. The practice will request the removal of any patient from the practice list who is aggressive or abusive towards a doctor, member of staff, other patient, or who damages property. All instances of actual physical abuse on any doctor or member of staff, by a patient or their relatives will be reported to the police as an assault.